Monday, October 22, 2007

Non-Plussed Non-Profit

I sit at my job. In front of me is Jo, constantly talking to herself and throwing/beating her 3-hole punch on the ground, letting the expletives fly when she makes the margins on her document too small, and telling me she knows my papers will print because the red light in her mouse is flickering.

To my right are hundreds of bags of pink and blue cotton candy making the room smell sugary, spilling over a big table and executive chairs.

The wind is blowing acorns on the roof and a train is going by, making the walls shake, and from even inside, the blast of it's horn is almost deafening.

Yes, you can network that printer. Make your margins smaller and it will fit on one page. Copy and paste. Click the paperclip to attach a file. The red light in the mouse has nothing to do with the printer.

1 comment:

  1. On the other hand, the Jo's of this world also mean that you'll probably never be fired from an office job, even if you spend 89% of your work time reading the LOLCat Bible or walking back and forth, slowly, between your desk and the vending machine.

    ReplyDelete