Saturday, March 17, 2007

Power Ranger Magic Force

You may wonder what exactly I do at school, so I will show you:


That's right. I draw poor pictures of "Powah Lay-eenjuh Majeek Posuuh" for little boys. Sure, we were supposed to be discussing what a slide cover is and how to measure an earthworm, but the Red Ranger was just so much cooler.

I think 3rd grade children are the most perfect. They are old enough to be a lot of fun, but not old enough to give you a hard time.


*Daniel the Great

These 2 boys comprise my favorite class. Everyday I teach, they ask for a joke. They rarely laugh, but Junn dutifully writes them in the cover of his books and tells them to his dad. I always ask how his dad liked the jokes and he almost always says that he did not think they were funny.

*Junn is a solomn little boy. He has never made a face like this of his own accord. It took a lot of coaxing. I wanted to showcase his gigantic tooth that stands alone.

However, Junn's father gives me anatomy lessons in Korean. I simply list the parts of the heart or whatever medical words I want to know and send them home with Junn. His father translates them and sends them back. This is a good trade-off, though I am not sure what earthly good this will do me. But, should anyone ask, I certainly know how to say anterior vena cava in Korean.

1 comment:

  1. I like the drawing. I see that you're a good teacher just like me, only my drawings are never that good :)

    ReplyDelete