Friday, October 30, 2009

Come on, it's Diwali!

A while back, Andy, Billy, Scott, Josey, and I went to a Diwali festival at UT.

Before I went to the festival, everything I knew about Diwali came from The Office.

After attending the festival, everything I know about Diwali comes from The Office.

I could deduce absolutely nothing about what was happening because it was in another language and I'm pretty sure we missed most of it. There were, however, lots of candles and pretty girls with shiny hair and beautiful saris and a stage where people were singing/chanting without shoes on.
Also, it was really crowded and I kept accidentally stepping on a girl's sari that had come undone. After she had been yanked backwards a few times, she started laughing and wrapped it up again.
Then, fireworks started!

No comments:

Post a Comment