Monday, November 30, 2009

The Best People I Know


















Heather and Jessica came down a few weeks ago and served as my first visitors in Austin!

We got off to a rocky start on Saturday morning when we discovered my cranky old neighbors had Heather's car towed. For no reason.

We didn't let it spoil our day, though. We went to a place called The Trailer Park which is a collection of trailers that sell food. Heather watched the line at the cupcake stand for about an hour, marveling at how the line never went down. When we finally got in line she said, "I feel like I'm becoming part of something great!" That is one of the reasons I love Heather.

Then we went to Mt. Bonnell to watch the sun set. It's cliffs and rocky stuff in the middle of the city. Though my pictures don't show it, it's quite pretty.


Then, we went to Kick Butt Coffee where I hoped to see workers in kimonos using nun-chuks. Instead, there was live music that was so perfectly mediocre it was terrible. The lady drove in from Dallas to play at a small coffee shop and Jessica was the only one who even took her free cd....which was thrown away when we got home.

We ate dinner, went to a norebong, and tried to photograph the security guard on a suped-up segway at the HEB by my house.

The weekend wasn't as action-packed as I had hoped due to my poor planning, but I was so glad to be with friends again, if only for a short time. I had almost forgotten how fun it is to be with people who understand and are completely at ease with each other. My dream is that they will both move here after they graduate this spring/summer. (If you guys are reading this, no pressure [but think about it!].)

No comments:

Post a Comment