Monday, April 07, 2014

Lunch In My Car - Episode 1

I cannot stand to be in my office any more than absolutely necessary. The windowless room with glaring green fluorescent lights and the irritating high-pitched and too loud hum of my computer are grotesquely grating.  Add to that the incessant phone ringing, and it's like I'm a character in a stereotypical dystopian movie.

So, I have taken to eating lunch in my car. I take a little drive, park, and eat. It may be freezing, it may be scorching, but no matter where I end up, it's assuredly better than being in my office.


Today while lunching in my car, I texted my dear sister and brother-in-law, who are visiting the northwest, to see what they were doing.  She sent me this:


She asked what I was doing, so I sent her this:
This is in broad daylight. That is dirt in the sky. And it is so hot.

My sister responded with, "I am laugh-crying. That is so awful. Even the Target sign gave up."

The take-away from Lunch in My Car today:  I'm pretty sure Abilene, TX is going to be the first place destroyed by global warming. And when it is destroyed, I'm moving to Washington.

1 comment: