Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Teacher's Day

Tuesday was Teacher's Day so I didn't have to teach. From what I gather from the other teachers, many schools close on Teacher's Day to discourage large "gifts" and bribes from the parents to give their children special attention. Though I doubt any parents at Little Genius would attempt this, I'm sure it would be quite lucrative for the teacher, seeing as we have a professional baseball player's son and more than a few mothers that carry purses that cost as much as my car.

However, we are allowed to accept an infinite number of letters and notes from kids, and that's almost as good as a day off. Here is a copy of my favorite letter:

"To Rachel
Thank you For teaching me. I'm happy tobe Your student.
I like to do math.
Le'ts do math party.
and I want todo Play Station 2.
I will beat you beause I practiced hard.
I (heart) you From mr. Aaron"
Any kid who calls me Mr. Rachel, asks to have a math party, and challenges me to a Play Station duel in the same day is on the top of my list.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that's stinkin hilarious

    ReplyDelete