Friday, July 27, 2007

Summer Vacation

Today is the first day of summer vacation! Here is how I'm spending it:

1. Last night, Jessica and I got straight perms, which means I can't get my hair wet for 2 days. Which means I will be staying inside for 2 days, for going outside means to sweat...profusely. Up until this past week, the weather has been pleasant. It's monsoon season, but it really hasn't rained much, and the humidity has been bearable. This is no more. It is officially nasty. It hasn't reached the point where it takes your breath away and is hard to breathe, but in another week it will be. The air is now thick and gray and by 6 pm, the sun is neon orange from the pink pollution clouds covering it.
*Sidenote* Koreans don't really sweat, so it makes you feel extra nasty as they walk around all dry and fresh-faced, while all the foreigners walk around, a sloppy, sweaty, wet mess.

2. Monday I'm going up to Seoul and Tuesday I'm going to the North Korean border to take a tour of the DMZ.

3. The rest of the week I will split getting ready to come home and going to the beach. And sweating.

No comments:

Post a Comment