Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Busan

This weekend we went to Busan, on the south eastern coast. They call it “The San Francisco of Korea.” It was delightful. The people were so friendly and so many people were eager to talk to us on the beach. The weather was perfect – not hot, but not chilly, and there were sail boats and parasailers and jumping fish. It was the first time since I got here that I've seen the sun or a blue sky. We took the train Saturday morning and got there in an hour.
- Two Korean girls invited us to share a boat ride with them. It was too expensive for me, but later they came back to tell us how fun it was.
- At night, we wandered around a gigantic fish market. It’s actually a lot like the fair, only instead of livestock, it’s fish, crabs, lobster, eels, and squid.
- I met a group of friendly Canadians, one of which was slightly crazy, but nice.
- We ate a full-blown Korean meal, sitting on the floor, barefoot, and everything.
- On the way home, I met a man who told me one of his daughters goes to Princeton, another to Johns Hopkins, and another to the University of Chicago. Or maybe the same one went to all 3. I’m not sure.
- Soon after, another older man approached me wanting to practice his English. He is taking classes right now, and even pulled out his homework! He gave his email address, so we’ll see if we ever hear from him.
- I saw a restaurant named Chicken Syndrome.

Anyway. I really don't have any extra time here. But there is so much I want to write about. Also, I fear for the life of my laptop. It is behaving poorly.

Here are a few pictures. You can click on the Flickr link on the righthand side of the blog to see more.

Woah, baby!


Us.

Small face. Lovely breast. Funny ad.


Bridge.


Umbrella person.

Building.

Burried alive.

Pacific Ocean.

View.

Wish you were here.





No comments:

Post a Comment