Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Lunch in My Car - Episode 2

Today at Lunch in My Car, I checked in with my traveling family:



This was captioned:  "I don't want to make you jealous, but I'm about to eat a delicious salmon sandwich in Olympic National Forest. It's so beautiful it's overwhelming!"

 A little while later I got another picture that said, "It was actually a forest with a beach behind it."






























Well today at Lunch in My Car, I ate leftover spaghetti squash and asparagus behind a liquor store at 3pm.
I too, was overwhelmed by beauty:


I am never eating lunch in this parking lot again. It's so much worse in person. What you can't see are the vast expanse of gullied parking lot littered with beer bottles from the enormous, beige, bleak Lucky Mule Saloon next door and my haunting pre-teen memories of parties for school acquaintances I didn't really like at the ghetto skating rink. IT IS SO DEPRESSING. It wasn't even a little bit funny.

The take away from today's Lunch in My Car:  Spaghetti squash with asparagus is really good 1-2 times. Then it becomes kind of soppy and old. Like Wednesdays behind a liquor store.

2 comments:

  1. This is actually quite funny, even a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is A LOT funny! I'm sorry for your bleak lunches, but I hope you keep having them for our entertainment.

    ReplyDelete