Friday, April 11, 2014

Lunch in My Car - Episode 3

I was pretty excited about lunch today. While living in Austin, I discovered one of the world's greatest foods: the Galaxy Cafe fish wrap. I had concocted what I thought to be a pretty accurate knock off, including the unbeatable jalapeno-lime sauce.

I grabbed my lunch out of the fridge and headed for an open breezy spot for Lunch in My Car.
I parked, opened my wrap and dug in, quickly made aware that my concoction was a poor excuse for the real thing.

As has become ritual, I checked in with my sister and brother-in-law to see what they were doing.  Here is where they were:

 Here is where I was: 

I thought perhaps I wasn't being fair in displaying the landscape to its full advantage. Here is a more favorable rendering:

I think anyone can see the similarities; Abilene just substituted plastic bags for blooms.

Lunch in My Car take away:  If you squint hard enough and use your imagination, you can maybe confuse yourself into thinking you're somewhere more palatable, eating something more palatable.

No comments:

Post a Comment